‘Unattended’ Direct Cremation – from £1100
Table of Contents
Our ‘No Fuss’ Cremation – from £1100
Also known as ‘Direct to Cremation’ service
Important Note: When comparing with other companies offering cheap direct cremation services please bear in mind that your loved one remains here with us in Brighton and is cremated using local crematoriums. It is always worth asking other companies where your loved one will be cremated. This means that your fees are supporting a local business and the Local Authority.
The Funeral Director Industry associations require their members to offer a basic cremation only funeral or Direct Funeral, with a given specification as part of their code of practice.
However it has been officially reported in a recent Which? survey, that in spite of this requirement, many choose not to offer this option, unless the client specifically asks for it.
We are one of the few Brighton Funeral Directors who, for the sake of transparency and integrity, want you to be aware of all our funeral service options. These are especially suitable to those in need of a ‘simple’ and low cost funeral option.
Our ‘No Fuss’ funeral is an affordable alternative to the traditional funeral, which separates the ceremony from the cremation and leaves families free to arrange a memorial or celebration of life service away from the crematorium and in their own time.
We have two prices for our ‘No Fuss’ funeral option, depending on the where your loved one is collected from.
Arrangements can be made without you needing to visit us
|Anywhere within 20 Miles radius of Brighton||£1100 *|
|(Outside of this area – mileage of £1.50 per mile return)|
*Includes the Crematorium fee, but excludes any Doctor’s Fee that may be payable (£82).
- Conveying to crematorium
- Coffin suitable for cremation
- Cremation fee
- Doctors fee (if applicable) – £82
- Hygienic Preparation – £75
- Viewing – £75
- This is an ‘Unattended’, ‘Direct to cremation’ only, service – there is no use of the chapel for mourners.
- Full payment (cleared funds) must be received 3 days before the funeral takes place.
- Larger Clients:In the case of bariatric (obese) clients , that cause additional or unusual requirements, or clients who exceed 6’2″ x 22″ in size, we reserve the right to either decline or withdraw our services at any time, and/or make additional charges where these become necessary, but you will be informed of any such charges before we apply them.
- Out of hours collection – a further fee of £200 is payable for ‘within area’ out of hours collections (after 5pm and before 9am weekdays & all weekend / bank holidays)