The ‘No Fuss’ Direct Cremation – from £915 plus disbursements
What we like to call our completely ‘No Fuss’ option
Important Note: When comparing with other companies offering cheap direct cremation services, please bear in mind that your loved one stays here with us in Brighton and is cremated using local crematoriums. This means that your payments are supporting a local business as well as the Local Authority. It is always worth asking other companies where your loved one will be cremated.
The Funeral Director Industry associations require their members to offer a Direct Cremation, with a given specification as part of their code of practice.
Our ‘No Fuss’ direct cremation funeral is an affordable alternative to the traditional funeral, which separates the ceremony from the cremation, and leaves families free to arrange a memorial or celebration of life service away from the crematorium, and in their own time.
Arrangements can be made without you needing to visit us
So what’s included?
- Our Hearsette (adapted Ford Mondeo Estate) for conveying to crematorium
- Coffin suitable for cremation
- Collection from within 20 miles (does not include out of hours)
Excludes the following:
- Cremation fee at Woodvale (£385)
- Doctor fee if applicable (£82)
- Hygienic preparations (£75)
- Viewing (£75)
- Pacemaker removal (TBA)
- The cremation is fixed at a time and day that suits us and is normally arranged to occur within a week of taking your instructions
- This is a non-attended service – in other words – no mourners permitted
- Full payment (cleared funds) must be received before we collect from the hospital
- Larger Clients: In the case of bariatric (obese) clients, that cause additional or unusual requirements, or clients who exceed 6’2″ x 22″ in size, we reserve the right to either decline or withdraw our services at any time, and/or make additional charges where these become necessary, but you will be informed of any such charges before we apply them
- *Out of hours collection: A surcharge fee of £200 applies for ‘within area’ out of hours collections (after 5pm and before 9am weekdays & all weekend / bank holidays)