Typical Cremation Funeral from £1950 plus disbursements
In the interests of transparency we believe that you should not have to make a phone call or make personal visits to determine what a funeral might cost.
The costs below, are divided into three categories: Our Professional Service charge, the Coffin and the Disbursements or Third party costs.
Our Professional Service Fee – £1550
Our professional fee covers all our professional costs in relation to consultation, advisory, administration and caring for the deceased. It includes:
- Ongoing support
- Guidance and advice for family and friends throughout
- Bespoke arrangement of funeral
- Arranging the completion of all necessary statutory administration
- Communicating and liaising with statutory authorities and other key professionals & organisations
- Managing and arranging for the payment of all third party “disbursement” costs
- Bringing the deceased into our care (within 20 miles) between the hours of 9am and 5pm
- Personal care & attention of the deceased
- Viewing arrangements and use of viewing room
- Provision of personnel for the funeral
- Hearse for transportation of coffin to the funeral
- Managing donations
Coffin Fee – £400
- Our “Ardingly” oak veneered coffin priced at £400 has proved to be our most popular choice and is suitable for cremation.
- Our bamboo coffins are available from £500
- Our Willow coffins are available from £550
- Other choices of coffin are available, including solid, wicker coffins or cardboard coffins but may incur a supplement.
Disbursements or Third Party Costs for cremation:
The disbursement costs relate to the crematorium fee, doctors fees and officiant fee. Doctors fees will not need to be paid where there is a coroner‘s involvement. The crematorium cost relates to The Downs; (Woodvale crematorium is more expensive) The minister or celebrant fees vary according to choice.
- Brighton Crematorium costs from £600
- Doctors Fees £164
- Minister or celebrant fee from £180
**** How we can help to negotiate a cheaper funeral cost****
Being an family independent funeral company, we are able to negotiate on the above prices, depending on your requirements. For example, we will happily replace a hearse with our hearsette (our specially adapted black Ford Mondeo Estate with walnut decking) which will reduce the costs by £170 and secondly, there is a cheaper crematorium slot available which will reduce the costs even further by another £142, thereby reducing the overall price of the funeral. Please ask for further details.
Sundry Services available for cremation
This area covers all the optional and additional costs, which have been chosen to accompany the funeral arrangements, which do not form part of the above costing areas. This will include:
- Limousine – £220
- Alternative hearse – POA
- Horse and carriage – £850
- Live music – From £60 for a singer (up to two songs)
- White doves – POA
- Service sheets – From £120
- Newspaper announcement and flowers – POA
Please note this list is not exhaustive.
Other Cremation option available
- “No Fuss” Funeral (also known as Direct Cremation or Simple funeral)
Sussex Funeral Services is rated 5.00 stars by Reviews.co.uk based on 31 merchant reviews